
Daddy loved numbers and I think he would be excited by 10/10/10.
So in honor of him, here's my list of favorite sayings quoted by Dad & remembered by me:
1. Sharp as a tack and twice as flat headed!
2. I kicked the bottom out of the cradle laughing when I heard that one.
3. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
4. When you're out of bananas, you're out of groceries!
5. If I had a swing like that, I'd paint it red and put it in my backyard!
6. I like red, I don't care what color it is!
7. Can't never did anything.
8. My dogs are barking!
9. Those cookies had a moreish taste!
10. You find time to do the things you want to do!
Now your challenge is to post any list of ten in honor of a day Dad would love. It could be your favorite foods, books, movies, TV shows, colors, scriptures, stories, songs, recipes, days, memories, or places. Let's see how many posts we can get on the blog for 10/10/10. Even the little kids could contribute!
1 comment:
Ramona - I loved your list. See my posting for two more Dad-isms that I added. I also love that picture of Dad. For those of you who don't know - it was taken at Ben Franklin's - where Mom and I worked. When Mom had to quit because of her health, Kathy took her place and worked there several years. -- Karl
Post a Comment