Sunday, October 17, 2010

Robert's Ramblings or Shaun's Stammerings

You pick the title.

Among the many memories:
  1. I was lucky enough to go to the steak restaurant in front of the Benjamin Franklin store with Grandma and Grandpa. I ordered a salad with my meal and Grandpa said that "salad was for rabbits."
  2. I was out just a couple of weekends ago trying to get my Troy-Bilt Horse tiller started. It wouldn't start and I was just thinking how I could use Grandpa's help.
  3. I remember as a kid always being completely mesmerized by Grandpa's multiple tool sheds and work areas. It was an adventure to weave around the small buildings and look at the "ancient" tools.

Quick update on the family. Erin' artwork is once again available for purchase. She submits a Christmas themed piece of art once a year for Vanderbilt Children's Hospital to be used for their fundraising efforts. You can take a look at http://www.vanderbiltchildrens.org/holidayproject. They have Christmas cards and even a cookie tin. The cookie tin is a little pricey especially with the shipping costs.

Our other quick bit of news is that Sarah has broken her hand. She injured her hand about a month ago during a soccer game. We thought it was a jammed finger, taped it for a few days and all was well. She was playing goalie during the last quarter of their last game of the season this past Saturday and as she dropped to get the soccer ball one of the girls from the opposing team kicked at the ball. Sarah's already hurt hand was between the other players charging foot and the ball. She has a fracture around her knuckles close to her growth plate. (I'm sure Jenny has a more official, fancy term for it.) So she will need to see an orthopedic surgeon to possibly have surgery. For now, she has a pretty pink cast.

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Shaun,
So fun to read your remembrances. Daddy really did believe that salads were for rabbits! I heard that my whole life.
I've already checked out Erin's card. When I first looked at them, the artists names were not displayed and I tried to guess which one was Erin's. I was right! I love it, thanks for providing the link for all of us. I want to order some this time. I only heard about the cards after the fact last time.
Aunt Mona