Thursday, September 30, 2010

Food Drive for MI Food Pantry




The top photo shows some of the food collected by our ward and the bottom photo is the food I collected. This was a stake service opportunity for Day of Remembrance on 9/11. The expectation was for us to leave flyers on doorknobs of 40 households. Time was limited since it was my third week of school. However, I felt it was important to doorbell and explain the project in person. I was only able to leave flyers at 20 doors. However, on Saturday I collected a trunk full of donations (see above picture) - 5 from people on our lane who already knew me, but 5 from people I spoke with but had never met before. I saved flyers to share if any of you are interested in the project for your area. I loved doing this because it shows LDS folks doing service to benefit the local community. Our food pantry here on MI received enough donations to stock their shelves for three months from our ward's contributions.

No comments: