We had a great Christmas season. Everyone arrived home on Saturday, Dec. 18. Since I had school until Friday, Dec. 17th, the first thing Sara and Will did was help me decorate the house and put up the tree. Then we could say, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. On Sunday we enjoyed our spectacular ward Christmas program and the chance to "munch and mingle" with ward members following Sacrament meeting.
On Tuesday evening we had a game night with the Larkins, our current mission president and his family, (Allie, in 5th grade and Levi, in 8th grade). Lance met us at the Picasso exhibit at the SAM (Seattle Art Museum) on Wednesday. Sara had friends stop by for cookies and hot chocolate on Christmas Eve morning. We enjoyed a lovely meal on Christmas Eve.
On Christmas Day we had brunch with the Ormes and the missionaries. Then we scurried off to an afternoon movie, one of our favorite Christmas traditions. We saw The King's Speech and thoroughly enjoyed learning a bit more about this historical time period.
The 27th arrived much too soon and it was time for Sara and Will to head back to Provo. We enjoyed having Blake home for a few more days. He and I did some Christmas returns. I joined a friend from school to see the new Harry Potter movie and Lance, Blake, and I saw True Grit. Blake got the great job of helping the family clean the church on Tuesday night. Wednesday night Blake's friends Jon, Meghan and baby Emory stopped by for a visit and we ordered Thai food. Blake and I watched Where the Wild Things Are before he left last night (Thursday) on the red eye back to D.C. It was easier saying goodbye because I'll see him in February on my quick midwinter break trip to D.C.
On Sunday after Christmas the Behnke Boys (or should I say men? . . . I like boys because of the alliteration with Behnke), grilled hamburgers for dinner and had baked beans and assorted side dishes. I'm attaching a great photo of the three of them attired in kitchen aprons - a delightful sight!
I'm off to bed, having officially greeted the New Year on D.C. time when I received a text from Blake shortly after nine!
Happy New Year to all of you! I hope to see you more often on the blog in 2011!
Love,
| Behnke Boys and Burgers | |
No comments:
Post a Comment